Ranked a Top 25 Canadian Book Blog
Twitter: @DCYakabuski
Facebook: Doreen Yakabuski
Instagram: doreenyakabuski
Threads: doreenyakabuski

Thursday, September 28, 2017

SENATOR David Adams Richards

I was thrilled to learn that one of my favourite Canadian authors, David Adams Richards, has been appointed to the Senate by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.  He is one of only a handful of authors who has received a Governor General's Award in both the non-fiction and fiction categories.  He was also a winner of the prestigious Giller Prize in 2000 for Mercy Among the Children.  See http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/david-adams-richards-appointed-senate-1.4268244 for more information about his appointment.

Mercy Among the Children is one of my favourites of his, but River of the Brokenhearted and Incidents in the Life of Markus Paul also earned 5 stars from me.

I’ve already posted reviews of three of Richards’s books:

No comments:

Post a Comment