Ranked a Top 25 Canadian Book Blog
Twitter: @DCYakabuski
Facebook: Doreen Yakabuski
Instagram: doreenyakabuski
Threads: doreenyakabuski

Thursday, August 3, 2017

Upcoming Book-to-Film Adaptations

Yesterday, I wrote about new fall fiction, but some people love to see film adaptations of books so I thought I’d share information about upcoming movie releases which are based on books. 

CBC Books prepared this list of 17 book-to-film adaptations coming out in the second half of the year:  http://www.cbc.ca/books/coming-soon-17-book-to-movie-adaptations-to-watch-to-in-the-second-half-of-2017-1.4199768.

I definitely want to see The Glass Castle based on the memoir by Jeannette Walls. 
Tulip Fever based on the novel by Deborah Moggach is another film I will see.  Though I haven’t read the book, I loved the film of her book The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.
And anything with Judi Dench is worth seeing so Victoria & Abdul will get me into a cinema.

One film that is not mentioned that I will definitely see is Our Souls at Night based on the novel by Kent Haruf.  Jane Fonda, Robert Redford, and Bruce Dern appear in this drama about the relationship that quietly grows between widow and a widower who live next door to each other.  It will have its world premiere at the Venice Film Festival on September 1.  See  my review of the book at https://schatjesshelves.blogspot.ca/2015/07/review-of-our-souls-at-night-by-kent.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment