Ranked a Top 25 Canadian Book Blog
Twitter: @DCYakabuski
Facebook: Doreen Yakabuski
Instagram: doreenyakabuski
Threads: doreenyakabuski

Friday, August 25, 2017

Female Villains in Literature

After discussing literary villains in yesterday’s blog, I thought I’d focus on female villains in literature.  In my opinion, Shakespeare’s Lady Macbeth would certainly rank amongst the “best.”  From modern fiction, Amy Dunne in Gone Girl deserves mention as does Nurse Ratched in Ken Kesey’s One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. 

I just finished reading Salman Rushdie’s latest novel, The Golden House, and it has Vasilisa who will rank “among the all-time pantheon of designing women.”  (See my review on September 5, the date of the book’s release.)

Check out these sites for other suggestions for femme fatales:

If you want to focus on female killers, LitHub has suggestions for you:  http://lithub.com/10-female-killers-in-fiction/.

No comments:

Post a Comment